- The winner of the treasure chest must live in the CT5 area.
Sticking to lockdown rules really matters, so please stay local when you take exercise. This is a treasure hunt designed to add a bit of fun to family walks for the people of Whitstable. I know how hard it is to get kids out of the house for exercise, so hope this might help! When lockdown is over I expect I’ll do another hunt, so wait for that one and please only come to Whitstable when the rules allow. I will deliver the prize chest only to an address in CT5.
2. Please do not move clue coins or spoil the hunt
The treasure coins hidden at the locations are not worth anything, so please leave them where they are. If you think that any part of this treasure hunt is missing please let me know.
3. The treasure hunt will close when current lockdown restrictions end
The treasure hunt will last as long as current pandemic restrictions are in place. The prize draw for the treasure chest will take place when lockdown ends, as signalled by Whitstable’s high street shops being allowed to reopen.
4. The treasure hunt may be changed or modified at my discretion
I reserve the right to modify the hunt. I don’t foresee a need to do so, but perhaps might make it easier if players get stuck, or change clue locations if any are causing problems.
5. You need to solve the clues to win
The competition requires entrants to use their skill to solve clues, so entrants may be asked to provide clue locations to confirm they have understood the clues. The winner is required to have participated in the treasure hunt. Knowledge of the final place and secret email address is not in itself proof of playing and solving the game. This rule is designed to protect the integrity of the game, please do not share the final clue location with others.
6. The prize draw rules
- Entry to the competition is restricted to one entry per household please.
- Multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified!
- This competition is open to Whitstable residents only, to comply with current lockdown rules that request that outdoor exercise must be local.
- The prizes can only be delivered to a valid CT5 Whistable address.
- Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- Winners will be contacted via email, and their name displayed on our website.
- The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- The competition will run from 15th February until the date Whitstable High Street shops are allowed to reopen.
- Whitstabletreasure.co.uk is compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
7. The prize will be awarded by selecting a random winner from among all entrants who send in a correct solution
The final location of the hunt has a hidden instruction and a secret email address. Follow the instructions and use this email address to enter the prize draw to win the treasure chest. The random draw will be made by assigning a number to every correct email entry, with 1 for the first entry, 2 for the second etc. I will use a Google random number generator to select the winner. I will video the draw so there’s proof it is fair. If the winner of the prize draw is found to live outside the CT5 postcode, or to have breached another competition rule, they will be disqualified, and another winner will be selected at random.
Good luck and happy treasure hunting!